At Chocolat-Chocolat, the security of your personal information is paramount. This policy describes how we treat the data you entrust to us or that we collect during your use of our site by means of cookies and other technologies.
If you have any questions about law 25 and the collection of your personal data, please contact our data protection officer: Drolet, Renée – firstname.lastname@example.org
What data does Chocolat-Chocolat collect?
Registration and contact
When you choose to subscribe to our communications or contact us via our form, we collect information such as your name and e-mail address.
Browsing and use
When analyzing the performance of our site, we may collect information such as :
- your IP address, location, browsing preferences and computer operating system.
- how you interact with our site, including where you came from, the date, time and duration of your visit to our website, the pages you visit and your browsing habits.
- How often and in what way you use our site.
- Promotional offers, discounts and benefits you have taken advantage of, as well as information about your preferences.
Your purchase information on our site
- Last name, First name
- Your user name
- Your gender and language to facilitate interaction when responding to comments, requesting information or notifying us of out-of-stock products.
- Postal address – delivery and billing
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Products purchased / returned
- Transaction history
- Payment information
If you contact us, we keep a record of that conversation, whether by e-mail or via our site, including the content of the message and any additional information it may contain.
Any other information you may choose to share with us in connection with our services and activities.
What do we use the data for?
- Optimizing your experience – The user experience is of paramount importance to us. By analyzing behavior on our site, we ensure a constantly improving experience.
- Responding to your requests – We use your data in the course of our activities to process your requests relating to [our products, newsletter registration, or any other service requiring access to your personal information].
- Finalize your purchases and properly process your orders – Process your payment information, with the help of a third-party payment provider.
- To recognize you on our website – to enable you to manage your account and identify your preferences
Protecting our users
Security is our top priority. We use your data to ensure the security of our site, to prevent suspicious or fraudulent activity. We ensure that our platform is used appropriately. If illegal activity or improper use is detected, we take action to protect our users.
When is your data shared with third parties?
In specific cases where the law requires us to share your data. In such cases, we scrupulously comply with current legislation.
If we are involved in a legal case, whether actual or anticipated, we may be required to disclose some of your information.
Protecting our rights
We may need to share your data to protect our legal rights. For example, to prevent fraud or minimize credit risk.
Social networks and other performance tools
When you interact with us via social networks, it is important to note that your data will be shared with these respective platforms. These platforms have their own privacy policies, which may differ from ours, and define how they collect, use and share your personal information.
Please note that we have no control over how these platforms use your information, and therefore we cannot be held responsible for any processing, use or sharing of your data by these third parties. We strongly encourage you to consult the privacy policies of these platforms to understand how your data is processed.
If we are considering selling any part of our business or assets, the prospective buyer may have access to some of your information.
In some cases, if we believe that a judicial or regulatory authority may require access to your information, we may decide to share it.
Unless otherwise stated in this policy, we do not share your personal information with unnamed third parties. However, our site may contain links to other websites. We would like to point out that we do not control these third-party sites and are therefore not responsible for the way in which they handle your data.
What are your rights concerning your personal data?
Access to your information
You have the right to ask us what personal data we hold about you.
You have the right to correct or update your data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Deletion of data
You can ask us to delete your data in a number of situations, for example if the data is no longer required for the original purpose for which it was collected, or if you withdraw your consent.
Opting out of marketing and cookies
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, you have the right to object at any time.
How are your personal data protected?
Any updates will be posted on this page to keep you informed of our data protection terms and conditions.
To ensure the protection of your personal data, we use the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol on our website. In addition, we have implemented the CAPTCHA test, which protects your account from remote digital access by ensuring that only a human being with the appropriate password can access it.
Rest assured that we are constantly striving to ensure the confidentiality of your information using the latest technologies. However, it is important to stress that no digital storage method is entirely infallible.
Update date: 20/09/2023